07-18-23 Day 11


Today I had trouble getting up I didn’t necessarily sleep bad, but I woke up really tired which mean I lied in bed unmotivated for the day. But ironically also meant that when I did get up, I need lots of motivation to scarf down breakfast make my lunch pack what I needed for the day and be ready by the time we were supposed to leave. I did it and we headed off to tribal native plant nursery where we were given a tour by Gale. Of all the native plants they grow, a list too long to mention all but there were easy recognized plants like sage and choke cherries. Then we were able to help them out because they were shorthanded. So while we were there, we trimmed branches so they can be planted and hopefully produces a lot of plants. Once we were done, we headed Tamastslikt museum which was amazing they have quite the set up there we started in the café for lunch, and I had this great salmon melt that hit the spot. I've been wanting salmon for a while, after lunch we met the director of the museum Jesse, and he started our visit explaining a bit about the museum before releasing us to wander around. I really enjoyed it they have a few displays that were awesome for me like obsidian streaked with orange and rifles and bows and everything that can make a man happy to see. But it was also educational like the recording that told legends which I love to listen to, the lesson they teach the unique stories passed down from one person to another. Then I was able to check out the gift shop and get a few mementos like a magnet and bookmark they are simple things but nice to have. Then like the usual it was back to camp where we did simple science that took like 5 minutes. Which was isolating another colony of bacteria from the Upper Deschutes River sample. Then we built a fire and roasted marshmallows but I'm not going to lie we struggle building the fire our material was kind of damp, but we did after some choice words, and it was worth it till tomorrow. 


Museum artwork








Comments

Popular posts from this blog